Nature and Scope
Office Clerks are responsible for managing shuttle routes and providing superior service. Office team members must have good communication skills both oral and written to interact with drivers, maintenance, the operations team as well as the public they serve. Commitment, patience, maturity, and initiative are required qualities.
A valid driver’s license is required for all positions. A background check is a part of our hiring process.
Basic Qualifications/Minimum Requirements:
• Must have a high school diploma or equivalent • At least 6 months of prior work experience • Valid driver’s license and a good driving record • Various shifts available.
Knowledge & Skills Required
• Organized, punctual and reliable
• Team player with a positive attitude
• Calm, pleasant and helpful manner
• Map reading ability
• Ability to communicate effectively with all parties
• Commitment to excellence in customer service
• Must have excellent multi-tasking abilities
• Knowledge of attractions and venues in and out of town
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Greet passengers and engage them in conversation in a bid to make them feel welcomed
• Respect fellow team members, equipment, and customers
• Ensure compliance with the “Hours of Service” requirements
• Complete all applicable paperwork required
• Prepare and submit end of shift reports
• Maintain phone contact with drivers and use proper phone protocol
• Manage passenger behavior by quickly and effectively solving problems
• Be in the office at your scheduled time, prepared and ready to go.
• Write incident reports regarding any customer behavior and other safety and security issues that may occur
• Must attend required safety meetings and other training sessions
• Report unsafe conditions
• Report an injury
• Use safe work procedures
• Answer inquiries about company.
• Hang up company policies around the office.
• Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, voice mail systems and personal computers.
• Evening shift- Prepare and post work assignments for the next day. Notify drivers of the next days work assignments.
• Perform data entry.
• Learn the Bokun reservation system.
• Enter reservations for shuttles into the Bokun reservation system while on the phone with customers, while customers are standing at the desk, or from emails
• Take credit card payments and enter them into PayPal via Bokun for shuttles
• Take cash and check payments for shuttles
• Generate invoices and send them to customers as needed.
• Daily- check all reservations for at least the next three days and enter flight arrival/departure time, flight number, and the number of pieces of luggage into the operations report of each reservation in Bokun for each day
• Assign drivers to pick-ups using the most efficient route requiring the least number of drivers.
• Respond to email requests for transportation.
• This position will often entail modest physical exertion such as lifting, pushing, pulling or carrying work-related supplies and equipment. Balancing, bending, crouching, kneeling, crawling and stooping are also routine.
• Improve client retention rates through active communication and problem-solving effort
• Follow Hub Airport Shuttle regulations regarding reporting of unsafe conditions
• Correct unsafe conditions
• Make safety suggestions
• Comply with applicable laws, regulations and policies
• Know where registration, inspection and collision reporting documents papers are located
• Make sure you are well rested
Working Conditions- Office team members must be available to work applicable shifts in accordance with customer obligations while adhering hours of service and applicable labor laws. Office team members must be well groomed and wear white shirts with black slacks and dark shoes. Must be willing to report to work in all kinds of weather, light, road and traffic conditions.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Primary work location: Eugene Airport
Salary: $12.00 / hour
Shift Type: Part time